It is common for all to wander into wonderlands in search of a possible good and settled career. Be it taking your career to big heights, starting from being a doctor, till finding one’s peace of mind in engineering. There are hundreds of careers to choose from today. There are thousands of job options nowadays.
But what if our thoughts are different? What if we think in another way than others? What about a different career altogether! Forget the society and what it says. Do what your heart wants. What if this career would make your heart miss some beats! Never mind, because you should be adventurous to venture in the field we are about to discuss about.
It’s a career in Ghost Hunting!!! Yes, you would not believe, but there is a scope to this choice. Does not matter if you do not believe in ghosts. You can ponder into your career to prove there are none. If you believe, this can be the perfect choice to meet with your biggest fears!
Ghost hunting is the process of investigating locations that are reported to be haunted by ghosts. Typically, a ghost hunting team will attempt to collect evidence that they see as supportive of paranormal activity. Ghost hunters often use a variety of electronic devices: the EMF meter; digital thermometer; handheld and static digital video cameras, such as thermographic (or infrared) and night vision; digital audio recorder; and computer.
According to ghost hunters, a cold spot is an area of localized coldness or a sudden decrease in ambient temperature. Many ghost hunters use
digital thermometers or heat sensing devices to measure such temperature changes. Believers claim that cold spots are an indicator of paranormal or spirit activity in the area; however there are many natural explanations for rapid temperature variations within structures, and there is no scientifically confirmed evidence that spirit entities exist or can affect air temperatures.
Ghost chasing is becoming an important hobby in India. There are several institutes, online portals who provide courses in Paranormal activities. But it is not easy to deal with this course. Do you have what it needs to move forward? Do you possess what it takes to be a paranormal activist? Let us see on how to become a paranormal investigator:
- Learning How to Become a Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal investigation is extremely popular as an amateur hobby among enthusiasts who have experienced strange and seemingly unexplainable phenomenon first hand. If you are interested in becoming a professional paranormal investigator, there are several areas of training you can focus on to ensure that you conduct yourself as an authentic scientist in the field. Thereby, increasing, your chances of successfully identifying the true source of phenomenon.
2. Technology, Sensors and Research Equipment
Since paranormal phenomenon remains so poorly understood, scientific investigators hoping to uncover the cause often find themselves starting from scratch. Over the years, investigators have uncovered some patterns such as elevated EMF levels, visible apparitions and orbs and even audible recordings called EVPs (electronic voice phenomenon). However, despite these findings, no one knows which environmental factors influence paranormal phenomenon. Since the cause is still an unknown, all environmental variables must be measured with the following equipment.
- Accelerometers measure even the most minute vibrations of objects.
- Video recorders and cameras capture any phenomenon within the human visual range.
- Sound recorders measure sound waves (or EMF effects).
- Infra-red video and cameras measure fluctuations within the infra-red visual range.
- Thermal cameras measure changes in temperature, and often even reveal shapes or patterns to the thermal field.
- Spectrum analyzers detect energy throughout radio wave and microwave frequency range.
- Magnetometer, X-ray and UV scanners measure magnetic properties, internal “structures” and surface properties of objects that move on their own.
Obviously, a beginning investigator may not be able to afford all the test equipment. However, anyone sincerely interested in conducting a serious study in this field will require this equipment. Possible funding may be obtained from grants or funds from non-profit organizations, or the investigator may join an existing local paranormal research group.
3. Write Research Papers on Paranormal Topics
One of the most effective ways to separate the hobbyists from the professionals is through writing a “thesis” on a paranormal topic. The field of paranormal research will only elevate above amateur science when all investigators raise to the level of researcher and proffessional writer.
- The Primary Characteristics of a Good Investigator
- Immediately looks for a reasonable cause for an odd event
- Excellent troubleshooting and “trial-and-error” research skills
- Confident under pressure and a very calm demeanor
- Does not scare easily
- Take Paranormal Training From a Pro
Good resources for training include:
- ParaNexus Anomalous Research Organization
- The Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena
- The Society for Psychical Research
- Paranormal Research of Organized Studies
- Harper College