It is a dream for every student to get into Business Studies after the completion of boards. What do they actually have to do in order to pursue a career in the field of Business Management. A professional in the field, Anik Dasgupta throws light in the different lanes one has to walk through to become a successful administrator
BBA is the basic platform of someone who is serious of getting through to a good MBA programme. This Bachelor in Business Administration lays the bases of your management education. This course is of more importance to students from a non commerce as it brings them on terms with the basics in Business Administration. Bachelor’s of Business Administration is a three year degree program. This degree aims at providing fundamental education in business and management principles. The course allows students to specialize in one of the multiple specialization areas, such as International Business, Finance, Marketing, HR, Operations. BBA programs can offer practical management training that can prepare students to successfully work within a large or small organization.
In order to pursue BBA the student must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent education with a minimum of 50 per cent in the qualifying exam and English should be one of the subjects. The top colleges for BBA generally conduct an Aptitude test which gauges the analytical skills of the students. The areas tested are: Quant, Logical Reasoning, English and General Knowledge.
A BBA gets you entry-level positions in many corporations and factories. You would do lot of backend work, and provide support services to your seniors. Exceptional candidates could expect to do some customer interface, though it is very rare. Also invariably, you would hit the glass ceiling very fast, and would require an MBA to move up the ladder.
Since the degree will equip a student of BBA with the basic knowledge about corporate management and skills it will help them understand the diverse functioning of a company. BBA graduates can look for jobs in sales and marketing department of companies as members of sales teams or as management trainees.
After completing a BBA, students should consider broadening their horizon in order to qualify for top executive positions and promotions. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a graduate-level degree that is often desired by employers for positions such as CEO or COO. Doctoral programs are also available in business administration, which can prepare business professionals for work as consultants, executives or university professors.
A Sales Executive, Research Assistant, Office Executive, Officer, Asst Manager, will be paid somewhere from Rs 7,000 to Rs 40,000/- depending on the size of the firm.
TOP 5 BBA COLLEGES IN INDIA
- SHAHEED SUKHDEV COLLEGE OF BUSINESS STUDIES(SSCBS), DELHI
- Selection Procedure: Based on the performance of written examination which is known as JAT-JOINT ADMISSION TEST (50%), Class XII Result (30%), Group Discussion (10%) and Interview (10%). The JAT would consist of 120 MCQs in 2 hours. Each correct answer would fetch +3 and incorrect answer would fetch -1.
- Fees: Rs 15000
- Students Intake: 280-320
- USP: Its course content and quality of faculty is what distinguishes CBS from others. The average placement package stands at Rs 5 Lakhs per annum.
- CHRIST UNIVERSITY, BANGALORE
- Selection Procedure: Based on the performance of written exam known as CUET, micro presentation, Interview and past academic records of Classes 10 and 12. The CUET would consist of 120 MCQs in 2 hours. Each correct answer would fetch +1 and incorrect answer would fetch -0.25.
- Fees: Rs 3,40,000
- Students Intake: 350-400
- USP: It has the best infrastructure among all the BBA Colleges in India. The academic-industry interface is huge which leads to excellent placement record. Companies like GOLDMAN SACHS, EY, AMAZON, KPMG hire in huge numbers from Christ.
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, PUNE
- Selection Procedure: Based on the performance of objective exam known as SYMBIOSIS ENTRANCE TEST (SET), Written Assessment Test, Personal Interview and past academic records. The SET consists of 120 MCQs in 2.5 hours with no negative marking.
- Fees: Rs 190000 per year
- Students Intake: 240(Indian) 60(International)
- USP: Campus facilities and a curriculum which looks at the holistic development of the students is the hallmark of Symbiosis. The job profiles offered at this campus is one of the best. With a placement record of 95% and an average of Rs 3.6 Lakhs per annum, this college is a look out for future managers.
- NARSEE MONJEE, MUMBAI
- Selection Procedure: Based on the performance of NPAT and interview. NPAT consists of 150 MCQs in 120 minutes. 1/4th mark is deducted for a wrong answer.
- Fees: Rs 190000 per year
- Students Intake: 300-350
- USP: Through a practical approach towards the syllabus, guided by the faculty from the industry itself, students are prepared for the real corporate world. Innovative methods of teaching consisting of case study discussions, presentations, classroom debates and role plays are used to make the classroom experience an invigorating one. Location is also a key factor since Mumbai being the Financial Capital of India. Thus students don’t face any problems with regards to placements.
XAVIER’S COLLEGE, KOLKATA
- Selection Procedure: Based on class 12 marks (50%) and entrance exam conducted by the college (50%).
- Fees: Around Rs 200000
- Students intake: 120-150
- USP: The brand value of Xavier’s is the biggest boon for the students. With distinguished faculties who have teaching experiences in top B-Schools like XLRI and IIM-C, it is really worth the experience.